Find us on Facebook

History

Château de Frétoy was built in 1900 as a lover's gift to Cécile Sorel, a famous French actress. In 1941 the château was sold to the Red Cross to be used as a hospital and sanatorium. Some maps, echoing that era, still show a red cross to indicate Château de Frétoy. During World War II the château functioned as a war hospital. The château’s own power station dates from that period, where locally produced agregates provided the château’s energy requirements.

During the eighties the château was sold to La Vie Active, a charity organising holidays for disabled children and orphans.

Updated 1 April 2018

Château de Frétoy
71360 MORLET
Tel: (0033) (0)3 85 82 12 48
E-mail: info@chateaudefretoy.com

© 2011-2018
Design by: Acceleratic